Monday, August 28, 2006

on cats & coffee...

how many cat lovers are out there? thousands... millions? cats are unique animals and while i can appreciate their independent demeanor, i do not appreciate the fact that they absolutely bring no value to my household. our cat... is actually a kitten still i guess... but very much a cat with an attitude! just today it walked up to my antique rocker in which i am posting from, looked me square in the eyes, did that 'half-squint' and proceeded to try and sharpen its claws on my chair! absolutely incredulous!

this is mere minutes after hopping off the couch and hacking up a hairball... with a worm in it! that really stretched my limits of endurance. while fascinated by the worm, i knew it was a wise thing to clean up immediately and remove all traces of it before my wife got home. thank God for carpet cleaner, odor remover and hand soap.

now as for coffee... gevalia takes the cake. today is an extremely dreary day (rain intermittant & overcast). its a two pot of coffee day... and i am enjoying the mocha java tremendously. come to think of it, i think i'll have another cup...

No comments: