Saturday, November 18, 2006

Has it really been almost a month since my last post? Incredible. I have been very busy it seems and my blog doesn't get the priority that perhaps it should. And then again, I don't know if anyone even reads it - so - it all balances out in the end.

I have finished the book I was reading by Steve Gallagher (Intoxicated with Babylon) - this is a must read! It is so convicting - it deals with worldliness, and let me say that I have much to work on.

I am currently reading three new books:
  • Confessions of a Pastor: Adventures in Dropping the Pose and Getting Real with God - (by Craig Groeschel)
  • Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, but Nobody Wants to Die: or the Eschatology of Bluegrass - (by David Crowder)
  • Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and its Implications - (by D.A. Carson)

On order is Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith. So, what are you reading? Care to share?

Tomorrow (Sunday, 11/19/2006) I am preaching at our church. I am speaking on Psalm 145 and the title of my message is taken from vs. 21 "My Mouth Shall Speak the Praise of the Lord". 5 main points of what we should praise God for come out of this passage (there are doubtless more that you could come up with):

  1. Praise God for His Greatness
  2. Praise God for His Goodness
  3. Praise God for His Governing
  4. Praise God for His Giving
  5. Praise God for His Grace

Pretty cool aliteration, eh? Come & listen, won't you? May God challenge your heart as He did mine in reference to Gratitude.

Another miscellaneous item, and then I must go. I upgraded my phone with verizon a couple of days ago. I am now the proud owner of the Motorolla Q. Let me say that it is taking some getting used to. I am still not completely comfortable with the Bluetooth, etc - and will probably be talking again with Verizon about it. But it does combine my phone and PDA all in one - which is going to be really helpful.

There really isnt much happening - outside of today is the opening day of deer season... and I am sitting in my living room! That's okay - I should be able to get out sometime. Well, its time to refill the mug of java... Gevalia's costa rica coffee today! Here's to the daily jolt we all should experience!!

God bless,

No comments: