I have finished the book I was reading by Steve Gallagher (Intoxicated with Babylon) - this is a must read! It is so convicting - it deals with worldliness, and let me say that I have much to work on.
I am currently reading three new books:
- Confessions of a Pastor: Adventures in Dropping the Pose and Getting Real with God - (by Craig Groeschel)
- Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, but Nobody Wants to Die: or the Eschatology of Bluegrass - (by David Crowder)
- Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and its Implications - (by D.A. Carson)
On order is Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith. So, what are you reading? Care to share?
Tomorrow (Sunday, 11/19/2006) I am preaching at our church. I am speaking on Psalm 145 and the title of my message is taken from vs. 21 "My Mouth Shall Speak the Praise of the Lord". 5 main points of what we should praise God for come out of this passage (there are doubtless more that you could come up with):
- Praise God for His Greatness
- Praise God for His Goodness
- Praise God for His Governing
- Praise God for His Giving
- Praise God for His Grace
Pretty cool aliteration, eh? Come & listen, won't you? May God challenge your heart as He did mine in reference to Gratitude.
Another miscellaneous item, and then I must go. I upgraded my phone with verizon a couple of days ago. I am now the proud owner of the Motorolla Q. Let me say that it is taking some getting used to. I am still not completely comfortable with the Bluetooth, etc - and will probably be talking again with Verizon about it. But it does combine my phone and PDA all in one - which is going to be really helpful.
There really isnt much happening - outside of today is the opening day of deer season... and I am sitting in my living room! That's okay - I should be able to get out sometime. Well, its time to refill the mug of java... Gevalia's costa rica coffee today! Here's to the daily jolt we all should experience!!