Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Get Your Health Diagnosed!

I just finished reading Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health by Dr.Donald Whitney. It is an extremely easy read, but very challenging at the same time. I would recommend this book to just about anyone needing a 'shot in the arm' spiritually.

Here are the titles of the 10 chapters:
  • Do you thirst for God?
  • Are you governed increasingly by God's Word?
  • Are you more loving?
  • Are you more sensitive to God's presence?
  • Do you have a growing concern for the spiritual and temporal needs of others?
  • Do you delight in the bride of Christ?
  • Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly more important to you?
  • Do you still grieve over sin?
  • Are you a quick forgiver?
  • Do you yearn for Heaven and to be with Jesus?

Just typing those chapter headings up - again, made me re-evaluate where I am spiritually. I guarantee that if you read this book, you will be challenged in your daily walk with Jesus. I know I was.

On another note, I am going deaf. Really. I am finding that it is getting harder and harder to hear things. I find that especially in a crowded room or a room with lots of background noise that I can barely hear at all. This really drives me (and my wife) crazy.

I was just reading Hebrews 5:11 and the author of this epistle speaks to the recipients and says, "...you have become dull of hearing..." Now, that is one type of hearing loss I want to stay away from. I always want to be sensitive to the things of Christ! Here the author states that they have much to say about Christ, but the readers just can't handle it! Oh my! May it never be said about me... about you... that we are not listening to the precious things of our Lord.

Read Hebrews 5:11 - 6:3 and study these things out to see if they are true about you.

Nothing jolts you back to reality like a good challenge from God's Word.

No comments: