Monday, February 19, 2007

A month is too long to wait for a new post!

Has it really been just over a month since I last posted on my blog? Yes! Sorry, but other priorities have been pressing in on me.

We continue in our study of the Old Testament as a church congregation, and I must say that I am so excited about this reading!! It seems to be 'new' again - fascinating and fun when we are all in it together.

As we have been wading and perhaps muddling through Leviticus, I find myself drawn to all the times when God commands holiness from His people. It is simply not an option - it is what is expected from an Almighty, holy God. Listen to what is commanded in Leviticus 20:7,8:

'You shall consecrate yourselves therefore and be holy, for I am the LORD your God. 8 'And you shall keep My statutes and practice them; I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

Set yourself apart...from what? From any people, any thing that would cause defilement! Similarly, we are to be seperated from any defiling substance in this world...like SIN! How are you doing in your seperation from sin? Are you conciously living life in such a way so as to eradicate sin from your life? A great challenge for all of us to work on! But holiness doesnt stop there. It also requires obedience to and practicing of all that God has commanded us. Seperation to God for service. Its not enough to consider yourself 'clean' from sin when you aren't making any efforts at all to do what God is commanding you. Yes, we are to be seperated from sin...but we are to be seperated to God for service. What are you doing right now that God is asking you to do? What are you not doing that He is asking you to do?

I pray that you will be challenged from the Word of God, whether here or in your own personal study. Feel free to share what you are studying so as to encourage me!
---------------
I am posting this with my newest computer. My old laptop just gave out and finally kicked the bucket. So, I was able to get a new laptop which is very nice, and I pray that I don't work this one too hard! I also rec'd for my birthday, an iPod. I really like it and enjoy listening to podcasts now more than ever!

John Piper is my favorite Biblical teacher so far - perhaps he is tied with James MacDonald from Walk in the Word. Both of these godly men are sold out and passionate in their pursuit of Jesus Christ. I get much from their teachings!

Who is your favorite Bible teacher? Let me know!

Until then, keep the java hot and an extra mug for me in case I drop in!

2 comments:

Mojo said...

Just came across your blog by accident...really enjoyed it - will visit again soon!

Blessings from N. Ireland!

Mo

Shawn Manley said...

Hey, found your blog refreshing to read! Thanks, it's nice to read something without having to overt my eyes, lol!