Friday, March 02, 2007

Misc. Thots:

This is just a short post to let you know what's been happening lately. First of all, if you've tried to go to my podcast - you've noticed that it hasnt been updated in what seems like forever. I apologize for that. I think all the bugs are worked out now, but the funny thing was, none of the problems were of my making. I guess that's the risk you take for working with technology!

Secondly, I am attempting to translate Judges 6 out of the Septuagint. That is something new for me! I have translated 1, 2 and 3 John, part of James - but never tried anything like this before. I have a sermon coming up (March 25) from which I will preach on Judges 6. I do not know Hebrew at all - so while I have Bible software - I am translating the Septuagint.

Speaking of Hebrew, I am contemplating teaching myself this beautiful language. I have some tutorial software and a fellow staff member that can help in the teaching. It seems to be a daunting task - but I think a little at a time will make it easier. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time, right?

This Sunday (March 4) I will be speaking on Numbers 32 - the title of the message: "The Pitfalls of Unfulfilled Responsibilities". I am looking forward to it, as I feel strongly about Christians fulfilling the responsibility that God lays out for them in Scripture. Too many "believers" don't act like one... and I find that hard to figure with what I read in God's Word.

Lastly, I must post about my coffee. I thought I had suspended my account with Gevalia, but only suspended it for a short while. Today I rec'd another package of java from this fine vendor. My cabinet is full of java. I have cut back my consumption quite a bit - but not enough to affect vital caffeine levels! lol. I am learning to drink decaf too - which is for what purpose? I love the taste of coffee - a strong brew especially! Tonight I am drinking some Toraja(?) decaf - an Indian coffee bean I think. It is very good and goes well with my wife's home-made apple danish for dessert!

Well, enough rambling for now. God bless & pass the creamer please....

No comments: