Monday, October 09, 2006

misc musings...

today finds nothing of any substance to write about. I am enjoying our new hi-speed internet, a vast improvement over the dial-up situation. (and we're saving $ by having it combined with our phone service... cant beat that!)
the last week, maybe week and a-half, have found me very busy. I dont see much end in sight - my mom is coming tomorrow to visit, and then my sis-in-law on Wednesday. We have a special event for teens happening on Wednesday... throw in a couple of Greek classes, dental appointments, counseling sessions... and my study on top of that - and you have a very busy week.


On a totally different subject: while in Indianapolis this last week, my wife and I ate at the Claddagh Pub downtown. There is a picture Ive added, we sat outdoors on the table that you see there. Click the link to see the menu. We had corned beef & cabbage rolls as an appetizer, I had the trout w/ sun-dried tomatoes and creme brulee for dessert.
Quite possibly the best coffee in a long time from a restaurant as well! I give it 4.5 stars out of 5. The inside was exquisite - dark wood everywhere and lively irish music. We really enjoyed ourselves!
Finally, the verses for our memory work in youth group are 1 Peter 1:15,16: "...but like the Holy One who called you is Holy, be holy also in all your behavior. Because it is written, Be holy for I am holy!" Incredibly simple and convicting verses!

No comments: