Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Getting back in the Saddle

So its been a month... over a month... since my last post. Sheesh! I lost the desire to keep this blogging rig moving forward over the last several weeks. Actually, I think over the summer I fell out of the habit of posting and then it just kind of fell apart.

New beginnings: I love them. Seems like life is full of them. Jesus Christ gave me a big one in 1998... and yesterday. Isn't His grace and mercy incredible? How often I fail Him on a daily basis! How often He allows me to "start over" after a humbling and wonderful time of confession and repentance. The righteous man falls 7 times and yet he rises again. No excuses for the falling - but encouragement to keep getting back up!!

I am currently reading The Passionate Preacher: Previously Unpublished Sermons by Robert Murray McCheyne. It is edited by Dr. Michael M. McMullen. I suggest you do some study of McCheyne's life. What an incredible, passionate light for Jesus! Although he lived in the early 1800's, his sermons could still "preach" today. They are incredibly 'relevant' - must be because they are based on Truth. Seriously, pick up a copy or ask me to borrow mine.

Yesterday I raked our front & side yards. Yes, its the beginning of the Fall yard work! I like raking, but I don't really care to get up in the morning and see that that yard is again covered with leaves. Less than 12 hours after I initially raked!! We are experiencing some light rain - which helps with that. The trouble is that wet leaves really stick to the ground and driveway. Oh well, we are enjoying all the maples we have in the yard. God has blessed us in this home and our yard is a rainbow of colors in the Fall. Some maples turn yellow and some red - all drop their leaves at different times... which means lots of opportunities for large piles of leaves to jump into!

Today's java: Gevalia Maragogype - Limited Edition. Good stuff & brewed strong! (Full-bodied Maragogype (Ma-ra-go-hee'-pay) is a smooth, flavorful coffee from Mexico. Literally translated as "giant bean," these plump Arabicas are carefully nurtured in the Chiapas region.) ~ from Gevalia

No comments: