Thursday, September 20, 2007

Latest surplus picture


I got this tankers(?) helmet while out near Ft. Lewis in Washington St. The first day I saw it the lady working the shop (an asian) blurted out: "You believe Jesus Christ?". We were 'shocked' at first because we were wondering how she knew we were all Christians. Then we were encouraged because we thought we had been acting in a way that might lead her to think that way. After answering in the affirmative, she said, "I give you good discount". Well, that was really cool and we ended up buying some sweet merchandise. I, however, let the hat go. I ended up going back the next day to pick up some inert gernades for souveniers for my two oldest sons and also ended up with the hat.


Oh, by the way, after telling this story to some of the soldiers and acting pleased that she had recognized that we were Christians... they told us that she says that to everyone. Hmmpfph.

This picture was taking as me and Pete were headed to Lowe's. I wore it the entire time we were driving around in rush hour traffic. I got some pretty good looks and a couple people to laugh...which made my day.
And I wasn't even jacked on java.

No comments: