Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's not a heart issue

That's basically what my cardiologist said. "My cardiologist" - lol... I've only seen this doctor one time. But it sounds cool, in a weird medical sort of way. I've been experiencing a lot of chest pain - as in all day every day. The pain that I feel most often is dull, just like someone is leaning on your chest with their elbow. But at times it increase in intensity and severity - and once I thought I was having a heart attack.

That started all kinds of medical testing: stress tests, nuclear tests, cat scans, x-rays, etc. I bought at least one BMW for a doctor that I am aware of. It's really expensive, all these tests - but we have the best health care system in the world and I appreciate the doctors taking advantage of all that is available to us.

So, yesterday I went to the cardio-doc and he was very certain that I don't have any blockages. He thinks it may be some sort of inflammation or something. So I start the rounds of anti-inflammatory meds and have one more test, an echo-cardiogram, at the end of next month. Prayerfully all the testing will then be done and I can get on with normal activities.

There is so much to be thankful for: good docs, great technology and God's gracious dealing thus far with my health.

No comments: