Monday, June 23, 2008

Lite Summer

So the posting here is dwindling in frequency. That's due to a hectic schedule all the way until school starts in August. I will say that I've thought a lot about posting - and that doesn't really matter at all.

We've just returned from our annual Sr.High Retreat. I was challenged by our speaker, Dwayne Berna in his sessions on accepting "God's Deal" for our lives. As he walked through Matthew 4 and referred back to Genesis 3, I was reminded that while Satan is creative, he certainly uses no new material in his dealing with mankind.

And even while I know that, I still choose to accept his deal rather than God's...much too often for my liking. So, what do you do? I will confess, repent and decidedly move forward in my progress of becoming more like Christ. I must. To quit is unthinkable to me.

Dwayne gave me a lot to think about, and I'm beginning to process all of it today. If you'd like to see pics from the retreat, check out my facebook page. God gave us a great weekend & for that I am very grateful.

No comments: