Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blinded by the Idols

Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts, and have put right before their faces the stumbling blocks of their iniquity. Should I be consulted by them at all? Therefore speak to them and tell them, 'Thus says the Lord God, "Any man of the house of Israel who sets up his idols in his heart, puts right before his face the stumbling block of his iniquity, and then comes to the prophet, I the Lord will be brought to give him an answer in the matter in view of the multitude of his idols, in order to lay hold of the hearts of the house of Israel who are estranged from Me through all their idols." ' Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord God, "Repent and turn away from your idols, and turn your faces away from all your abominations." ' ~Ezekiel 14

I set up idols.

Idols cause me to stumble in sin.

Idols blind me to the reality of making a choice to be righteous.

Idols separate me from God.

When I haven't dealt with my idols of my heart and I seek God's face in a matter - all He cares about is getting rid of my idols.

Nothing else matters.

All He sees are idols.

He wants to see my face. My eyes.

He wants my heart.

He demands that I not give it to another.

Idols take His rightful place in my life.

Idols estrange me from Him.

When I turn from my idols, I will in turn see God.

When I keep the idols in front of my face, I have a lack of righteous perception in my life.

No comments: