Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pressed

Pressed out of measure and pressed to all length,
Pressed so intently, it seems beyond strength,
Pressed in the body, and pressed in the soul,
Pressed in the mind till the dark surges roll,
Pressure by foes, and pressure by friends,
Pressure on pressure till life nearly ends.

Pressed into knowing no helper but God,
Pressed into loving the staff and the rod,
Pressed into liberty where nothing clings,
Pressed into faith for impossible things,
Pressed into living a life in the Lord,
Pressed into living a Christ-life outpoured.

~author unknown

I came across this poem in an old book I found while packing up my books for my office move. I liked it's simplicity and message. Hope it blesses you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother, I am writing all the way from Singapore and I love your posts, in fact I thank God for His wonderful creation of coffee everyday!

A search in google for "God + coffee" threw up your blogsite!

It's always refreshing to read your blog because you're genunine and also I can see God moving in your life all the time!

God bless you and keep you, glory to glory!

Mark Kelly said...

Singapore! That is awesome!! That's a pretty good google search "God & coffee" - I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks for stopping by and reading - I appreciate your kind comments.
God bless,
mark