Friday, April 25, 2008

Psalm 119:71 - "It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes."

I thought I had posted about this verse before, but perhaps not. I didn't search really long and hard to find what I had written about it. I know I have tried to encourage others with this treasure, and now I find it comforting me. See, the natural man despises conflict. The natural tendencies are to flee any kind of discomfort. To run. To not look back. But it is in these moments of 'affliction' that I deepen my relationship with my Creator. His Word becomes real...like practically real. The pain doesn't go away. The relationship just gets tighter.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world" -- C.S. Lewis

Good thoughts, Mark.