Monday, May 26, 2008

Frisbee Golf... with a slipped disc

Saturday I took four of my teens from the youth group to play Frisbee Golf at Little Big Horn Golf Course in Warsaw. They were part of the team that earned the right to go above the other teams in youth group. We had a great time - didn't quite make 18 holes, but learned a lot about disc golf and each other. My back was hurting by time we were done, due to it being out of place. The doctor is supposedly working on that - but time will tell. After the golf, we headed to Hacienda and enjoyed some wonderful chips, salsa and Mexican food. (all except for Jonathon who decided that popcorn shrimp sounded better).

Can I challenge you to read Psalm 104 today? It is 35 verses long, but so encouraging from the standpoint of seeing God interact, not only with man, but with His creation as well. He alone is worthy of praise!! These verses from Ps.104:

I will sing praise to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
Let my meditation be pleasing to Him;
As for me, I shall be glad in the Lord.

Have you made that conscious decision to rejoice, praise and be glad in God? Can I encourage you to do so? God bless,

No comments: