Friday, May 23, 2008

What I'm thinking and all that Jazz...

Today's post is just an eclectic mix of my thoughts over the last 24 hours. So buckle up and keep your hands inside the car at all times, because the trip through my mind is about to begin!

Yesterday was a pretty good day overall. It started early and went late. It included some awesome "used" book purchases, some killer food and mellow tunes. I went to what is becoming my fav used bookstore, the Green Banana located on Winona Ave in Warsaw. I walked out $6.99 poorer, but six books richer: Following Christ and Far from Home, both by Joseph Stowell, Desiring God by John Piper, Reason to Believe by RC Sproul, Bad News for Modern Man by Franky Schaeffer & Death in the City, by Francis Schaeffer. Awesome!

Then after dinner, my wife, son Patrick and I walked across the street to the Warsaw Community High School. There they were putting on a "taste of the town" followed up by the Jazz Cafe. So, we ate even more food, things like: Pizza, Bourbon chicken, Tomatoe Bisque, dainty pastries, meatballs, avacado dip and Ritters Frozen Yogurt - washed down with some Courthouse coffee of course!

The Jazz bands from the middle schools (Edgewood and Lakeview) were very good, but I must say that the WCHS Jazz Band was flat out awesome. My two fav songs of the evening were "Bein' Green" and "Zoot Suit Riot". Two of my teens from the youth group were playing in the HS band: Christropher C. on Trumpet and his older brother Kirk on Trombone. Good job guys!

When we got home from that I plowed through a new author that Kirk (see above) turned me on to. Joel C. Rosenberg. The book I started last night and finished today was titled, "The Last Days". Excellent and exciting reading! Good stuff!!

Finally, today I returned to my doctor because I continue to have chest pains. You'll recall that I went to the ER some time back with chest pains and they were unsure what was happening. They cleared by heart and lungs - everything is good there, so we are kinda scratching our heads on this one. I have some different medication to try for the next two weeks and then its back to the doc. We'll see what happens!

Okay, rides over! Unbuckle and disembark to your right. Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: