Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday on the Rock...

Today I woke at 7:30am feeling very refreshed from the night's rest. The accommodations are very nice. I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, sausage, potatoes, juice and coffee this morning. I enjoyed reading from Isaiah 55 as I sat on 'my balcony' off my room. The weather today has just been tremendous. Blue skies, moderate temperatures and a little breeze. I enjoyed the morning worship hour with Joe Jordan as he discussed the "Battle for Truth". It was a good challenge.

After the morning worship, we enjoyed a wonderful buffet of prime rib, shrimp, potato / leek soup, asparagus, salad and rolls. There were even more items, but I am trying to keep to a single serving / plate at each meal. One can really get carried away here.

I was able to get to the Island around 130p and caught the guys just heading out for their swim test. They all passed (Patrick, Aaron and Colin) - Chris decided not to swim (due to not having shorts!)...and he didn't want mine. lol... After they passed the test, they headed to the deep water to swim. I caught up with Chris playing soccer with one of his cabin counselors. Afterwards, they all were explaining carpet ball to me, and I even gave it a try. Although I had a good start, I quickly got beat. We just hung out after that: watched some paintball, played some Wii at the imagination station, drank some pop, and talked about what we were going to do the rest of the week.

I left the group around 545p because the Island had a steak cookout for youth leaders - and I felt I just had to go. I came back to the room and then down to where I could pick up the internet to post some updates. I left my camera in my room - so the pics / videos from today will have to wait till later. I'll probably post them tomorrow.

I also made contact with Ryan Williamson (our former WOL missionary) and am looking forward to spending time with him later in the week. I'll try to get an update for the church as well. So far, this is what has been happening. I'll hook back up with the guys for lunch and then spend the rest of the day with them.

No comments: