- Fav quote (from a counselee giving a testimony to the power of Biblical Counseling as she worked through some medical issues): "God never wastes pain." Wow. That hit me right in the heart - that is a powerful statement.
- Fav song in sessions that featured worship times: There is a Fountain. Between 8-900 people lifting their voices in praise just blew me away. Honorable mention: O Worship the King - as a group of about 75 men, we sang it one morning before starting the day off. Good stuff.
- Fav session: (Just one? Are you kidding?) Counseling Conflict from the Book of James by Kevin Carson with Baptist Bible Seminary, Springfield, MO. Really, many of the sessions were awesome.
- Fav plenary session: Quest for More by Paul David Tripp. Absolutely blew me away - I'm halfway through this book and this just fleshed it out wonderfully.
- Fav speaker: Steve Viars, pastor -Faith Baptist Church, Lafayette, IN. This guy is incredible. I think you either love him or hate him - but he is one of the most matter of fact speakers communicating Truth out there.
- Fav moment: Meeting people. I met several men that were very encouraging to talk to as we discussed life, ministry and how God was working in each of our lives. Thanks guys!
- Fav beverage: Venti Caffe Mocha by Starbucks. This morning they hit it just right. Had a raspberry scone to go along with it too! Mmmmm!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wow... I certainly didn't do a very good job of blogging while at this conference. It was such an intense experience! Below are some favs: