Monday, February 18, 2008

Officially over the hill...

Yesterday was it. I turned the big 40. Funny, I don't feel any different. Physically it was last year that I noticed the change in what I could do, not do, wished I hadn't done, etc, etc... This year it seems I am just coasting along.
Last night our church held a surprise birthday party for me - that was pretty cool. Lot's of cards and one big container of prunes. I like prunes. Old people like prunes. Therefore I must be old. Used to be coffee would be the thing to get me going, I guess when you get older you need help in other areas as well. Now prunes will join the list of things that keep me going... (don't you love the english language?)
Last night was also our teen's youth service at our church. Lot's of Truth was communicated in a variety of ways: puppets, drama, music and song. I also got a chance to preach on the "Dynamics of Death" - yeah, one of those encouraging sermons! I hope it was.
Nascar's Daytona 500 was yesterday. I've watched Nascar all my life - I'm not a huge fan, but if it's on, I'll watch. Yesterday I watched FOX from 1p-3:30p and never saw a lap of the race. It started after I had to return to the church. Nascar must be big business now to have that much introductory material before the 500. I heard that a local driver (to us) won it: Ryan Newman. I'm kinda particular to the Earnhardt clan myself. Hope he does well this year.
This morning I was awakened by the blessed beeping of my java maker. It was pouring succulent Mocha Java from it's nozzles. This is my favorite brew from Gevalia. I grind it extra-fine and brew it strong. A little creamer and this coffee is wonderful!
I pray that your day will find God at the forefront and that you will consider how to achieve the goal laid out for us in 2 Corinthians 5:9: ...therefore we make it our goal to please Him...

No comments: